Our experienced team will work with you to guide you through the purchase process and customise your new home. As a purchaser you will be given primary input into the design, appearance and landscaping of your home. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to live at one of six custom-build plots, in a stunning contemporary home designed by you and built by Lockley Homes.
Custom build is a process of development which allows the client to influence the design of their house from a range of options, resulting in a truly individual home. Working with Lockley Homes on one of our bespoke designs ensures that your new home will be completely unique to you and finished to your exact specification.
The custom build plots at Malvern View are characterised by a spacious, lower density pattern of development in prime position, with open countryside to the rear and views over to the Malvern Hills. The sizes of the custom build plots are approximately one quarter of an acre.
Planning - Reserved Matters Application
The development site has been acquired by Lockley Homes and outline planning permission was obtained for the six custom build plots. Permission is based upon the completed homes conforming to certain design criteria which chime with the overall design principles for Malvern View.
As part of the design process, your final design must adhere to these principles, as well as the Design and Access Statement (which contains the Design Code and Compliance Checklist), in order to comply with the Local Development Order overseen by Wychavon District Council.
Once you have paid your reservation fee and selected your style of home we will submit a reserved matters planning application in your name to Wychavon District Council detailing the appearance, scale and landscaping of your home. Once this application has been approved and the plot sale has exchanged contracts we will provide a detailed schedule of construction.
Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
SDLT will be paid on the price of the land rather than the ‘finished home value”.
A reservation fee of 1% of the property price is payable when you sign the reservation agreement. It will be deducted from your 10% deposit when you exchange contracts. Please note that exchange of contracts must take place within 28 days of signing the reservation agreement, or it expires. In some cases, we can extend this period, but it is at our discretion.
There is a 24 hour cooling-off period after you have paid the reservation fee, during which you will receive a full refund if you change your mind. After that, we will retain 25% of the fee if you cancel the purchase before contracts are issued to the appointed solicitor, to cover our administrative costs. Once contracts have been issued, 50% of the reservation fee will be retained if you decided not to continue with the purchase of your new home.
Malvern View Specification
Impeccable taste, supreme quality and incredible attention to detail characterise the interiors of Malvern View.
Kitchen and utility
- Painted Nobilia handle-less style cabinetry with soft-closing doors and drawers
- Stone worktops, upstands and splashback to hob area
- Ceramic under-mount sink with brushed chrome tap
- Siemens integrated multi-function oven & Siemens touch operated induction hob
- Siemens integrated combination microwave oven
- Siemens wall mounted extractor hood
- Caple integrated fridge/freezer
- Caple integrated dishwasher
- Caple premium integrated under-counter dual zone wine cooler
- Utility rooms to include stone worktops with Villeroy & Boch farmhouse butler sink
- Plumbing and electrics ready for washing machine and tumble dryer
Bathroom, en suites and WC
- Villeroy & Boch white sanitaryware and luxurious vanity units
- Traditional towel ladder radiators in a chrome finish
- Shaver sockets in a chrome finish
- Ceramic/Porcelain wall and floor tiling from Porcelanosa
- Feature staircase with oak handrail, oversized oak newels & frameless glass balustrades
- Matt paint finish to all ceilings and walls
- Herringbone Karndean flooring to all entrance hallways, WC’s and utilities
- Large format porcelain floor tiling to kitchen/dining/family rooms
- Oak pre-finished internal doors (glazed doors to selected rooms)
- Door fittings, light switches and sockets in a brushed chrome finish
- Glazed bi-fold and French doors where indicated on floorplans
- Bespoke fitted wardrobe with painted timber frame and soft-close hinged doors to master bedrooms only
NB: Luxury silken carpets are chargeable as an upgrade
Heating, Electric and Lighting
- Wet underfloor heating throughout the ground floor and thermostatically controlled radiators to the first floor
- Worcester Bosch boiler (mains gas)
- Smart low energy Dimplex hot water cylinder fitted in AC cupboard
- Low energy lighting throughout with LED downlights to kitchen, hallway, landing, dressing room, WC, bathroom and en suites
- TV points to all bedrooms, living room, dining/family area and study (where applicable)
- TV points to include pre-wiring for satellite TV (SkyQ) HD distribution including aerial
- Master BT telephone point fitted to all homes
- Fitted electric fire place or log burner with natural stone surround and hearth can be fitted as a chargeable upgrade
NB: PV Solar Panels can be fitted to all homes as a chargeable upgrade
- Electric car charging points provided to all homes
- Turfed garden areas with paved patios and pathways as shown on site plan
- Planting installed in-line with approved planning landscape layout (planting within marketing material is indicative only)
- External waterproof socket and tap to rear of property
- Private garage with power and light
Security and warranty
- Two-year Homeowner Warranty from Lockley Homes
- Ten-year Premier Structural Warranty
- Multi-point locking mechanisms to external doors
- Security alarms to all homes
For further information please don't hesitate to contact our office.